* The 23rd of February: Premiere of the song cycle 5 Lieder Nach Gedichten von Stein Mehren for mezzo-soprano and orchestra. I have chosen five poems from a cycle called "Det andre lyset" (The other light) written by the Norwegian poet Stein Mehren. Solist will be Carolina Krogius performing with Meininger Hofkapelle, conductor GMD Philippe Bach. The premiere will take place the 23th of February 2017 in a program that also contains music by Edvard Grieg (Sigurd Jorsalfar) and Sibelius Symphony no. 2.
* The 31st of March:
Dirty Dancing in Trondheim, Olavshallen, performed by Borge Musikkorps/Frode Amundsen
Musical Doodles II for Accordion and Cello will be premiered in a series of 7 concerts in the US in April 2017. INFO
In the same tour, there will be two additional premieres:
Bjørn Bolstad Skjelbred’s “as the wind behaves” for accordion, cello and guitar; and Conrad Kehn’s “Soundtracks to Movies That Don’t Exist” for accordion, cello, guitar and video; and also the US premiere of Magnar Åm’s 2016 accordion solo “A Breath of Air”.
The performers are Accordionist Rocco Anthony Jerry, Cellist Michael Gilbert Ronstadt, and Guitarist Eric Despard.
* Friday April 21, 2017 2PM McCarthy Center for the Arts Recital Hall, Saint Michael’s College, One Winooski Park, Colchester, VT
* Saturday April 22,2017 1PM Troy Public Library, 100 2nd Street, Troy, NY
* Saturday April 22, 2017 8PM Mahaney Center for the Performing Arts Concert Hall, 72 Porter Field Road, Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT
* Sunday April 23, 2017 3:30 PM Tower Music Series Concert, The Reformed Dutch Church, 70 Hooker Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY
* Sunday April 23, 2017 7 PM Morton Memorial Library and Community House, 82 Kelly Street, Rhinecliff, NY
* Monday April 24, 2017 Noon Everett Theater, 982 Mansion Drive, Southern Vermont College, Bennington, VT
* Monday April 24, 2017 4PM Panel Discussion, 5 PM Concert; Eleanor Furst Roberts Auditorium, 375 Church Street, Massachussetts College of Liberal Arts, North Adams, MA
* The 22nd of October: Premiere of Furer Bergen Philharmonic Youth Orchestra and Kjell Seim.
* The 28th of October: New piece for Borg Musikkorps as a part of the 450 years anniversary for Fredrikstad.