New CD! Clare Farr, Bass Trombone. First recording of "The Daughters of Erda" (Urd, Skuld and Verdande). LAWO Classics.
CD: Professor Robert Benton: Monkey to the Sky Euphonium Concerto (no. 2), version for Euphonium, Piano and Percussion
Some of my pieces played by Erlend Aagaard-Nilsen and Jarle Rotevatn. Norwegian Broacasting Company
9th: Fem sanger til dikt av Stein Mehren. Norsk premiere.
Vålerengen kirke kl 19.
Ingvill Statle Skjørten, mezzo, Oskar Abel Valand Halvorsen, klaver
* July 2nd:
Øyeblikksbilder 1 (Snapshots 1) for Piano solo. Rune Alver . Bodø Domkirke. (wp)
* July 24th:
Øyeblikksbilder 2 (Snapshots 2) for Piano solo. Rune Alver. Siljustøl, Bergen. (wp)
* September 30th:
Pierrot's Lament - Concerto for Euphonium and Wind Ensemble. (Concercto no. 1) (Norwegian premiere (World premiere of this version=).
Tormod Flaten, solist. Norwegian Naval Forces Band, Bjørn Sagstad, cond., BrassWind, Åsane kulturhus, Bergen.
Three Fancies for Wind Ensemble. Premiere of this version, Bjørn Sagstad, conducting.
* October 1st:
WindDoodles - the Quest for Sonority.Mistral Wind Quintet. BrassWind, Åsane kulturhus, Bergen.
* Ljom for Bass Trombone and Piano. Robert Sylta, Bass Tbn and Oskar V. Halvorsen, Piano (wp)
* Syv søstre, Klang av Oldtid
* In Green - Rural Scenes for Brass Band Commissioned by Manger Musikklag for their 100th Anniversary
* Northern Scenery for Clarinet and Piano. Joze Kotar and Luca Ferrini (wp)
* Arv - folkloristic pieces for brass quintet. Commissioned by NyNorsk Messingkvintett (wp)
* Avtrykk (Imprint) for double Brass Band. Commissioned by Eikanger-Bjørsvik ML
* New piece for Bassoon and Wind Ensemble. Commissioned by DOR
* New piece for Tromsø Orkesterforenings Janitsjarorkester
* 23-25 February:
World premiere: Gespenster, based on Ghosts by Henrik Ibsen. Libretto by Malin Kjelsrud Conductor Philippe Bach. Director: Ansgar Haag.
Opera premiere in Meiningen Theater, Germany
About the music (in Norwegian)